Image live cells in Differential Interference Contrast (DIC), green fluorescent protein (GFP) and red fluorescent protein (RFP) channels, for periods of hours to days. Stable environmental control includes temperature, carbon dioxide and humidity, as well as tri-gas functionality to generate hypoxic conditions. This system can hold up to eight 35mm coverslip-bottomed tissue culture dishes, and includes liquid handling assist for media changes during acquisition.
- DIC, GFP and RFP channels
- 20X objective with 0.5X and 2X magnifiers
- Environmental control:CO2 (5%), O2 (5-18%, 22-40%), temperature, relative humidity
- Sample capacity: eight 35mm dishes, multi-well culture inserts may be used within a plate
|SK-N-AS human neuroblastoma cells in culture, imaged at 10 minute intervals for 24 hours. Replay at 7 frames/sec.|
High-content screening (HCS) platform for automated, multi-parametric fluorescence and brightfield imaging of fixed or live cells in microplates, with quantitative analysis at single cell resolution. Image analysis can be performed in real time using nineteen different analytical “Bioapplications” algorithms. Applications include programs to study the cell cycle, cell motility, marker localization, membrane dynamics, neuronal differentiation, and protein translocation. Learn more about High-Content Screening.
- 7-channel widefield fluorescence imaging or 6-channel confocal imaging, plus brighfield
- 2.5X, 5X, 10X, 20X and 40X objectives
- Environmental control: CO2 (5%), temperature, relative humidity
- Sample capacity: one multiwell plate (6 well – 1536 well) at a time, or 4 slides
- HCS Studio software for analysis
Olympus IX51 Fluorescence Microscope
Live and fixed cell imaging platform with fluorescence and brightfield/phase contrast capabilities.
- Hoechst/DAPI, GFP and RFP
- Phase Contrast
- 4X, 10X, 20X, 40X objectives
- DP 20 2-megapixel color camera (1600×1200 pixels at 15 frames per second)
|Video of contracting heart cells derived from human pluripotent stem cells.|
Eppendorf epMotion 5070 Liquid Handling System
Programmable robotic liquid dispensing. Single and multi-channel tools are available for 1 to 1000 microliter volumes. Capable of handling 96 or 384 well plates, the epMotion 5070 can load a 96 well plate in as little as four minutes.
Dedicated workstation for sensitive and low oxygen experiments. Light-protected incubation chambers, CKX51 microscope and monitor for imaging, and tools for cell culture contained within a gas- and temperature-controlled chamber.
Olympus SZX 16 Motorized Stereo Microscopes
Outfitted with fluorescence and brightfield lighting options (darkfield, oblique, reflected) to view transfected or unstained tissue and cells. DP72 12.8-Megapixel cooled CCD cameras provide crisp color images (4140 x 3096 pixels).
Olympus CKX51 Inverted Microscopes
Brightfield and phase contrast for routine cell culture use.
- Two 4-foot and two 6-foot biosafety cabinets.
- Eight CO2 incubators with CO2 and O2 control.
- Standard and refrigerated rotor and swinging bucket tabletop centrifuges.
- Two surgical platforms for tissue dissection.
- Liquid nitrogen storage tanks for preserved cell lines.
- Two -80oC freezers, one -20oC freezer, two deli refrigerators
- Computer workstation for data analysis